Tuesday, October 16, 2018

MESIG show & tell


I spent a lot of time Monday morning (10/15) trying to get my emails back under control, but finally headed upstairs to get laundry in and clean up the kitchen so that it looks nice when my honey comes home tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I did manage to fit in a long talk with CT Mary Jo and that was lovely….even though we were both lamenting about how to keep up with keeping things picked up!  I had time to make binding and start applying it to the elephant quilt before leaving for a Machine Embroidery meeting.  I have 2 main goals over the next few days….one, to get the elephant quilt totally finished, as I hope to deliver it this coming Friday, and two, to get Paula’s newest quilt loaded up and quilted.  She would like to give this quilt to her friend this month (it being national breast cancer awareness month) and she really put her nose to the grindstone to get the top complete.  So, I really can’t do less to get it quilted…right?  

Machine Embroidery was lots of fun, with truly spectacular show and tell (from less than 20 people):  

The first challenge was to embroider something with a pumpkin on it:











And another suggestion was to try some free-standing lace:

















Then we were into our regular show and tell (the latest craze....I kid you not....embroidering on toilet paper):



















Two interpretations of the same design:














Gifts for a wedding in Ireland:





And everything else  :~):


a bookbag/tote for a daughter

























Pat came by after the meeting and we talked and talked and talked!  When she left I continued to pick up around the house before heading to the airport to get my honey!!!  We spent the evening talking, relaxing, snuggling and watching TV until far too late!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT- no pic of ‘honey’ to top off a good day? AM143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.