Monday, October 29, 2018

first fish quilt loaded up, perfect grilled cheese


Michael was up at 6 AM Sunday (10/28) and I followed closely behind at 6:30.  It took me until 7:30 to get my blog out and get through all of my other computer stuff, then I headed back upstairs to say good-bye to my honey and clean up the kitchen a bit.  After that I got the first quilt basted, 



isn't this octopus just perfect?

and spent time setting up the program and winding my bobbins.  I paused around 11:30 to make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich for my brunch: 



I spent the rest of the day quilting on the first fish quilt 



and getting 14 yards of binding made for both of the quilts I am doing:


I also had time to straighten up my studio and look through patterns for future projects.  It was wonderful to feel like I didn’t have any pressing projects and could spend time doing those things.  

Michael and I never got around to having dinner…Michael made popcorn for both of us in the late afternoon and that carried us through until bedtime!

***MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews***

BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE – starring Jeff Bridges, Jon Hamm, Chris Helmsworth.  This was written and directed by someone I don’t know, but having the flavor of Quentin Tarantino.  Sic strangers arriving at a once luxurious, but now run down hotel, each with their own ‘shady’ pasts, all coming together in one climax that will get your heart racing!!  Not for the faint of heart as there are shootings, stabbings and much perversion throughout.  Great acting and good 70’s music make this ‘film noir’ a must see.  I am a big Jeff Bridges fan, so I’m a little prejudiced!  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5.

FIRST MAN – Ryan Gosling plays Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon.  This is a biography about him.  If you are expecting a history of the space program, you will be disappointed.  The story takes place from 1961 – 1969 and focuses on Armstrong almost exclusively.  His personal life, family, wife and his expertise in being a test pilot are thoroughly explored.  Growing up I was a real ‘space nut’ and followed the NASA programs avidly.  I learned many things from this movie about Armstrong that I did not previously know.  There are great scenes of takeoffs in rockets that put you up close and personal, but they take a back seat to Armstrong’s struggles and the life and death reality of being the ‘First Man’.  I give it 3 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.