Thursday, October 4, 2018

new QoV basted, elephant marching on, halushki's!


Michael and I were both up at 6 AM on Wednesday (10/3) with lots to get done.  He left before 7:30 AM for an early tee time, while I got everything done on my computer and got showered, dressed and breakfasted before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  We talked until almost 10:30, then I hopped up and ran out the door for an appointment with my hearing aid lady.  Linda is so very terrific…..I’m glad I connected with her….she has made this process a very good experience for me!  

Anne stopped by for a quick visit just as I got home to share several mini-bundt cakes (so very yummy), and then I hit my studio.  

My goal today was to get the second Quilt of Valor loaded on my frame 















and I accomplished that while watching “SAVING MR BANKS”, the movie about the making of MARY POPPINS.  I have to say that if that movie is even only 10% accurate, Walt Disney and his staff deserve a HUGE medal for putting up with P.L. Travers…..the author of the book.  I got my quilt basted, got the program set up and even got 3 rows quilted (out of 15!) before dinner.  

Michael was home by 3:30 (with a score of 84, but no birdies), after a ‘running out of gas’ scare  :~).   He made halushki’s for dinner with gnocci instead of wide egg noodles and it was yummy!!  


I got to sew for a bit after dinner and finished up putting together the colored block rows for the elephant quilt:  





















Now I just have to decide what I'm doing along the sides and get that all sewn together.

I spent the evening watching TV with my honey while untangling the practice beaded necklace I did.  I want to use it for practice again before I give it back to Mary Jo to start on my own beads  :~).

And again, people should wonder no longer about why women do not report sexual crimes against them.  Here’s an example of what can happen when you do….the current occupant in the White House thinks nothing of using that experience to mock you at a rally:


Why would any woman reporting a sexual crime be taken seriously after ‘leadership’ like this?

But, John Graham (U.S. Foreign Service Officer for fifteen years, and served in the war in Vietnam. For three years in the mid-seventies, he was a member of NATO’s top-secret Nuclear Planning Group, then served as a foreign policy advisor at the U.S. Congress for Senator John Glenn) says it so much better than I ever can, about the type of environment that helps to create this entitlement:  


1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.