Thursday, June 16, 2016

quilting started, Elsie a duex, dishrags!, a small visitor



Thursday morning (6/16) was the usual “take the dog for a walk (Michael) and pack the car for quilting (me)”.  I left extra early as I had to stop at the grocery store and the library on the way.  Jan and her daughter came to quilting, and Karen (her daughter) set up her laptop to show the video that was made when Walt went sky diving at 82 years of age.  Walt was with the 82nd airborne division in the war and has jumped out of a plane before a LONG time ago….and he wanted to do it again.  It was a GREAT video and a great remembrance of Walt.  

I got home around 2 and got a bit of quilting done:


this really is my FAVORITE leaf pattern



























before leaving at 5 to pick up Gale & Phil and head off to Olive Garden.  Our meal was terrific as always, and when we got home, the princess was nestled all snug on a quilt:  

















I am SO BLESSED to live in Sun City…when we got home from dinner, Michael brought in a package from the mailbox….my friend Barb made me 2 dishrags…..she does them double because they are intended to be hot pads, but I LOVE to use them as dishrags and after she heard me say that, she made up 2 more for me in my colors  :~):


Michael wanted to watch a bit of the US Open, so I headed back to my studio.  While I was quilting I had my normal nightly visitor: 

















 As long as he stays away from the garden, we’ll get along just fine :~).  I got a few more rows of quilting done before heading upstairs at 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.