Friday, June 10, 2016

gladiolas, chocolate rice krispy treats, food!, Sue & Dennis, Paula, Mary C & Al



Michael left for golf on Thursday (6/9) but not before picking a beautiful bouquet of gladiolas from our front garage walk.  























I hopped up at 7 AM to get chocolate rice krispie treats made:



I also spent a bit of time finishing off another door sign, this time  for Loree (she wanted one just like mine and all she needs is a ribbon) before leaving.  



 I was moving a little more slowly than usual because I’m having a bit of trouble with dizziness.  I think that’s what’s making my stomach wonky too…must be an inner ear thing.  It’s not terrible, so I’m just being careful and not moving too quickly from a prone position to a standing up one.  It really has been affecting me when I lie in bed and try to turn over…oh well  :~(.  I didn’t even take my machine to quilting because I knew I was only staying for a bit…so just took some knitting.  We had a good group, lots of talking and laughing and Willa taught a class on her rope baskets.  I was home by 12:30 and started right in making dough for my Almond Sugar Cookies.  I got those baked and bagged, 



 got the rice krispy treats cut and bagged and got my appetizer baked 

















before people started showing up at 5:45.  We had a relatively small group at the house (only 10 people) with lots of yummy appetizers and FABULOUS lemon squares for dessert!   

macaroni & cheese bites

spinach/artichoke dip

Sue & Dennis

Paula, Mary C & Al





















































 Then we all packed up and headed off to Fort Mill Community Theatre for the performance of October Daisies.  Michael and I worked concessions before the show and during intermission, and when one of the audience members heard my pitch for selling my cookies, he said I should be selling cars!  Anyway, we were home by 10:30 and we read for a bit before bed.  The most exciting thing?  My ad for QUILT DEVO LLC in the program…..whoo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.