Monday, June 20, 2016

new blueberry streusel, new bouquet, Cookie & Elsie a trois, log cabin top finished, ice box cakes



I put together a new blueberry streusel recipe Sunday morning (6/19) while Michael took Cookie for a walk.   

thin batter on the bottom, covered with blueberries

a little streusel topping

yum!

After breakfast on the deck, Michael picked a new bouquet of flowers for the living room: 





















 before heading to WALMART and Harris Teeter to get supplies for more icebox cakes.  Paula is doing a demo on Monday for Sweet & Savory, an offshoot group from Cooking Fingers.  Sweet & Savory concerns itself with only appetizers and desserts.  Paula will be demo-ing 3 or 4 appetizers and I will doing the icebox cake for dessert.  I made 5 runs of pudding 


while lots of snoozing was going on in the living room:  





and finally headed to my studio around 1:30.  It was so nice to be there as I haven’t sewn in days.  Most of my time was spent on my log cabin and it is finally completely sewn together:    



 Now I just have to wait for August and the Foust sale to hopefully find 108 inch wide backing to complete it.  While I was sewing on that, I finished quilting the first fall quilt, and laid out the second identical quilt about an inch away:   

you can see the leaf pattern in the green backing....



I also got a bit more sewn on the color wash rows.  By 8 PM I was starting to feel tired and decided I’d better head to the kitchen to finish the ice box cakes.  I got two 13’’ by 9 ‘’ pans made 

a layer of thin, mint oreos in bottom

1/2 of the pudding mixture

another layer of oreos and then the rest of the pudding

and a final layer of oreos


and then collapsed in front of the TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.