Monday, June 27, 2016

eagle embroidery, colorwash top done, champagne & puffy things



We had a relaxed morning on Sunday (6/26) with leftover pancakes for breakfast and then a visit to Jan’s to set up her watering timer.  After that it was “studio time” all day…my favorite kind of day :~).  First up, doing an embroidery for one of my friends at Thursday quilting.  She wants to do a Quilt of Valor for her daughter who is a NAVY veteran and I told her I would be happy to embroidery a bock for her, this is what she picked out:


After that I settled back down to the colorwash quilt and got the outside border all put on….that took me pretty much the rest of the day.   
not sure I like the pink in the outside border...but oh well....


 We decided on a champagne and puffy thing theme for dinner….so my honey first made little quiches:   



 
Then 2 of our favorite stuffed scallop shells:   



 We spent the evening watching TV and I started to reclaim some polar fleece from the 2 fall quilts.  It's a lot harder to rip the stitches out of polar fleece than it is out of regular fabric :~(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.