Sunday, June 26, 2016

presentation of verteran's quilts, Diane's finished quilt



My honey left at 7 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (6/25) and eventually came home with an 85 (including a scorchin’ 39 on the back nine that he was REALLY pleased about).  I picked up Pat at 9 AM and we headed off to the Indian Land VFW June meeting.  I presented my 3 patriotic quilts to the vets and although my contact originally didn’t think that any of the recipients could make it…one guy was there…so that was terrific for me!   





















 
the presentation

opening up so that he can see it


of course a big hug from me!

"thank you for your donation"


 After that Pat and I headed out to breakfast at THE FAMOUS TOASTERY and after a quick stop at DOLLAR TREE on the way home, I was in my studio by 1 PM.  I continued to work on Diane’s quilt and by dinnertime it was done.  
















My honey and I did date night after that…he made popcorn and we watched episodes of some of our favorite shows :AS TIME GOES BY, NORTHERN EXPOSURE, MARY TYLER MOORE, until very, very late  :~).

1 comment:

  1. so glad you got to present at least one of the patriotic quilts to its recipient.

    *sniff*

    And I love the quilt pattern you used on Diane's quilt.

    And date night... what no puffy things???

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.