Wednesday, June 8, 2016

coffee cake, Jan, new log cabin blocks, new customer quilt, palm tree



I was up early Tuesday morning (6/7) to get a coffee cake in the oven.  My honey had fasting blood work first thing and I wanted to have something good for him to eat when he got home.  The title of this cake is just something like Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, but for you Yankees…Michael calls this “DRAKE”S CAKE ON STEROIDS”!!   














I sent a piece down to Paula, and Jan came over to join us for breakfast.   


 After that, Michael left to run some errands and I headed downstairs.   I put the new log cabin blocks up on the wall: 

still many more to go....


 and then started to load up another customer quilt.  I really stabbed myself when I was loading up the backing, but luckily (all of the quilters will understand this) I only bled on my leaders and NOT the quilt backing  :~).     


Joanne picked me up at 1 PM for Stitch & Chat and we stayed for just about an hour before heading home (she's leaving for 2 weeks on a trip and needed to get packed!).  My honey came home with another gorgeous pot and a palm tree!   



 
We had Figaro’s pizza for dinner, then he left to pick up Larry and I putzed away most of the evening in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.