Tuesday, June 7, 2016

pizza boxes, layout of log cabin, embroidery, new log cabin blocks, Beds = Dreams with my quilts!!



I got up just after 6 AM to make breakfast for my honey who left before 7 AM on Monday morning (6/6) for golf at Stonebridge.  I lay back down in the media room for just a few minutes….good thing I set the timer…I was dead to the world when it went off at 8 AM!!!  I had a wonky stomach overnight, and it still wasn’t great in the morning, but I got ready for my meeting on the Volunteer Chocolate Event anyway.  Our meeting took about an hour, after which I headed to my studio.  I took a few pictures before starting anything….when we ladies were all at lunch on Friday, Carolyn thought it was funny that I keep a lot of my projects in pizza boxes (I know, I know….you ALL think it’s funny :~).  Anyway, I decided to show how perfect they are:   


my current Thursday project



























After that, I decided to lay out the log cabin blocks I had already completed previously to get a design I liked and finally settled on this one:  

 I got an embroidery started for one of my friends at Thursday quilting: 


 and finally settled in to working on my new log cabin blocks.  I worked until 6 when Michael did more chicken on the grill for dinner and finally at 8:30 headed back downstairs for an hour and finished up the new blocks (I still need many more, but that's ok...that's what I will be working on over the next few weeks):  



 Michael and I watched TV until 10:30 (while I knit) and finally headed to bed.

You know I have made quilts for Sterling School (the project is now called Beds = Dreams...my friend Mary B's church started and continues to build beds for kids who have never slept in one).  Anyway, they had a bed distribution a week or so ago, and Mary B sent me this pic:



 I was THRILLED.  The little girl is sitting on one of my rainbow quilts, and on the bed beside her is one of my teal/purple quilts!!!

1 comment:

  1. How great is that ?! and how nice that they got them matching pillowcases....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.