Saturday, June 25, 2016

panckaes & bacon, Jan, Cookie & Elsie a trois, Diane's quilt



Thursday morning (6/23) was a bit unusual in that quilting was cancelled, so Michael and I decided to have pancakes and bacon for breakfast:~).   

nice pattern for my honey...







 It felt like we haven’t done that in forever and it was so nice.  One of the best things about it?  We weren’t quite finished when Jan called to ask if she could come and visit.  I said “hurry on over and get some blueberry pancakes” and she was there in a flash!  


 See what perks you get sometimes when you come to visit?  I got to quilt for a bit in the early afternoon before leaving at 3 PM for a dentist appointment.  The bad news is…my on-lay did not fit and has to be re-done.  The good news is, my dentist is having a baby and I get to make a baby quilt.  I really don’t have anyone to make baby quilts for and I love to make them….so here’s my chance.  Between traffic and stopping at Jan’s to pick up some yellow fabric, I didn’t get home until 6 PM.  We had a quick dinner of leftovers and I watched TV and knit for the rest of the evening.

***************

Friday morning (6/24) I was out early to pick up Jan and get breakfast before heading up to the knee place.  I got electric stimulation in my knees and the doctor seemed very pleased even if I wasn’t (‘cause I’m too darn impatient!)  Anyway, he feels that by next Friday I will notice significant improvement….so I am holding on to that thought.  Jan and I stopped at Joann’s and then swung by Heritage Memorial to pick up Walt.  He wanted to be cremated, so that’s what Jan did.  She said if she does have any kind of service, it will be in early July when all of her children and grandchildren will be down visiting.  I got home by 2 PM (and apparently some snuggling had been going on while I was gone):   


BI_I_IG yawn!



and headed to my studio to get Diane’s quilt loaded and during the afternoon and early evening, I got 1/2 of the quilting done on it.  I found a variegated thread that I think looks really nice on it and adds a bit of interest.   




Michael made me tortellinis for dinner and I continued to quilt until 8 PM.  After that I was just too tired and headed upstairs for knitting and TV watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.