Monday, June 6, 2016

pudding, yoghurt, quinoa salad, patriotic top finished, Cookie, appetizer, Doug & Paula, Pat & George

Apparently I had this in draft mode and forgot to post it yesterday morning....oh well...here you go....
****************************

 

Michael was up at 7 AM for a 9 AM tee time here at SCCL on Saturday (6/4) and I was up early as well.  I got chocolate pudding made (yes, from scratch, it only took 15 minutes):   


put together yoghurts for Michael: 






and made my Mediterranean Salad with quinoa for dinner:  



I hit my studio at 10 AM with lots I wanted to get done.  After hours of sewing, the new patriotic quilt top is done:


 I LOVE this quilt!!  I love the fabrics (thank you Ginny!) and I love the pattern (thank you Jan!) and I definitely want to make more quilts in this pattern.  All of the outside edges are bias, so I wanted to add a small border to stabilize them until I can get it quilted.  By then it was time to dig out some new fabric.  I bought fabric last year on the way to retreat, and it was time to get it out and start sewing on it....isn't it all beautiful...although for some reason, I don't think the colors are really accurately represented in this picture:


 I have 55 log cabin blocks already made, and got started on another set of blocks.  I had company...in her normal position of "waiting for dad":

I only got the center cream square sewed to the first strip of green/teal when it was time to head upstairs again.  I got started making a new appetizer, and it took me an hour to get it all done.  Michael came home from golf with a SCORTCHING HOT 79....WHOO HOO!!!  He was one happy camper.

He said the individual servings of the appetizer looked great...but next time I think I will make one long tart...it will take less time :~).


before baking....

and after




































Anyway, after that I put together our salad and special dressing:

artichoke hearts, red onions, tomatoes...I forgot the toasted pine nuts  :-(

And headed off to the shower.  When I got out of the shower my brain woke up and I ran out to the kitchen.  Yes, I had made the pudding in the morning...but I never put the dessert together!!!  So I threw together my last ice box cake until my demo on the 20th:

layered with mint, thin oreos

Doug & Paula 

 and Pat & George 



 showed up a 6 PM and after Michael grilled the chicken, we all sat down to dinner.  After dinner we played SEVENS for a bit, and then TRIPOLY for a bit.  We took a dessert break and finished up the evening playing 2 rounds of SHIEST!  What a good time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.