Thursday, June 16, 2016

colorwash quilt started, fall quilt #1 loaded



Michael left before 7 AM for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday (6/15).  They are providing BOTH breakfast and lunch as part of the tournament, so I doubt that he will be very hungry for dinner.  Last week I finally pulled together a project as “leaders and enders” that I have been doing as part of making my log cabin blocks.  I got up Wednesday morning and finally ironed the rows…here’s what I’ve got so far:    

I'm going to call this my colorwash quilt

 This should look familiar….it was one of the previous votes.  The vote was EVENLY split :~( between the options, so I decided to go with adding the dragonfly fabric between every color.  This will give me a much larger quilt that I had originally anticipated, so it will go to Sterling School once finished as a single bed quilt.  After that I got cleaned up and headed out to a doctor’s appointment.  I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon about 1-1/2 years ago and at that time he recommended knee replacements for both of my knees.  He said I was bone-on-bone and he was surprised I was walking as well as I did.  Well….that didn’t sit well with me because I don’t want to have major surgery on any of my joints….so I’ve just kept on going and taken ALEVE when I couldn’t take the pain anymore.  Today I had a consultation for a new procedure...stay tuned and I'll let you know how things go once I decide to do it.  I stopped for lunch on the way home…then kept on going to Jan’s.  We sat and talked for several hours and she seems to be doing well.  Karen (her daughter) had been there helping Jan do a variety of things, and when she came back after 4 PM, I headed on home.  Michael was home and we talked about his tournament and about my doctor’s appointment and both of us also decided we didn’t want anything for dinner.  I got to my studio around 6 PM, and loaded up some LIME green polar fleece I just bought at Joann’s.  I finished 2 Clinton quilt tops for my latest Thursday project and want to get them quilted:

I worked on that until it was time to SKYPE with Janice at 7:30.  For once it worked on the very first call…and we didn’t have a problem for the entire time we talked…a miracle!!!  After that I watched TV with my honey and put fringe on a  recently finished scarf.  When I get the fringe on the second one…I’ll take a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.