Wednesday, June 15, 2016

gladiolas, Jeanette's quilt



*** I got an early morning call from my friend Jan to tell me that her hubby Walt passed away just before mid-night on Monday.  Although this is very sad news (Jan & Walt celebrated their 59th anniversary just last Wednesday), it is also good news because Walt has really been struggling for the past week.  I think Jan was grateful that his suffering was finally over.  Her son Scott is down visiting her and I think that he a great comfort and help to her. ***

Michael was up early Tuesday morning (6/14), to pick another gorgeous bouquet of glads 



 before leaving to hit WALMART for more nylon net, the chiro and to finally make his routine doctor’s appointment at 10 AM. 

Jeannette came by to pick up her quilt 


(and said she LOVED the quilting, which is always music to my ears!) 


and after that I headed to the kitchen to get dinner in the crockpot.  I pulled another mystery package out of the freezer, and it turned out to be ribs!  So, into the crockpot with some BBQ sauce they went, then I headed downstairs to begin sewing my 80 log cabin blocks into rows.  I worked on this for the rest of the day and evening.  We had ribs and corn for dinner, then Larry picked Michael up for the movies.  I finally came upstairs at 10 PM and Michael came home 2 minutes later.  We watched a little TV and headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.