Sunday, August 16, 2015

sticky buns, quilting, labels, new sheep embroideries



Michael’s been having a hankering for sticky buns and I haven’t made any in quite awhile, so that was on the agenda for Saturday morning (8/15).  














He took the dog for a walk while they were baking, so he came home to a delicious smelling house!  After that, I hit the studio again with a vengeance.  By 11 Am the second quilt was quilted and I laid the third one really close to the bottom of the second (I finished quilting the third with only an inch of batting to spare...good thing I snuggled them up really close!):  



 and took off quilting again.  Don’t you love this rainbow fabric?  I bought it at the Foust sale last February and have just started using it.  I was hoping to find something similar last week, but no luck…so I hope this bolt lasts me until the February sale.  In the meantime I got my labels set up on the embroidery machine to start stitching out:   


After a stop for lunch (leftover pizza) I continued working on the quilts until dinner (which we never actually had....we were both still full from lunch and Michael eventually just made popcorn!).  By then I had all 3 of them quilted and off the frame.  I started trimming the quilts and cutting my binding strips.  My embroidery machine was going during the day as well and I got 2 more blocks done for future quilts:   



Michael had mentioned a bit ago that he would like to see the movie THE IRON LADY, so I ordered that at the library.  He watched it during the early evening (and made popcorn…yum!!) and I finally headed upstairs at 9 PM after it was over.  We watched 2 of “our” shows…AS TIME GOES BY..and then headed to bed.

1 comment:

  1. sticky buns are the BOMB !!! Can you send some to CT with walnuts ?!
    MJnCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.