Tuesday, August 11, 2015

me & Diane, Jan & Pat, new notecard, tomatoes


Michael left at 7:15 for golf on Monday (8/10) and I was ready at 8:30 when Pat, Diane & Jan picked me up for our foray to the warehouse sale at Foust.  We were there by 9:30 and shopped our little hearts out :~).  We saw several people from Thursday quilting as well, and everyone seemed to be keeping the cotton growers in business.  Hopefully all of my bolts will have made it downstairs by tomorrow and you can see what I got.  We left Foust and made a quick stop at a thread store on our way to Tony’s for lunch.  Jan and I split a cookies ‘n’ cream milkshake and as always, it was heavenly.  We headed over to Jan’s house to buy fabric from each other, before heading home: 
me & Diane

Jan & Pat with one of their "finds"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael was home by the time by the time I got there at 3:30, and he had completed a new note card that I think is very interesting:
I think his cataract surgery has affected him artistically :-)
 
I guess he had to get his frustrations out because he was not very happy with his golf game.  He blamed his score on his not being used to his new eye, and I said he’d better not expect a better game until he was all done with both eyes, had a chance to heal and get used to what he was now seeing...maybe mid- September!  We were both beat and took a short nap before dinner, then Michael headed to his board meeting at the Fort Mill playhouse, and I spent another hour getting tomatoes for sauce

(most from Loree & Reg) into the crockpot before heading to the studio. 
I managed to get all of the blocks of another small quilt sewn together and the first border on it before he came home at 9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.