Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pat's car with Ginny's stash



I am so frustrated right now it isn’t even funny :~(.  Michael made me a terrific breakfast (egg on cheese toast) Friday morning (8/7) after he walked the dog.  I took off to deliver the quilt (Sylvia loved it), to stop at BJ’s for a few things, and to stop at BEST BUY.  I was SKYPING with Janice every Wednesday night.  SKYPE decided to upgrade and when I tried to download the new version, everything went KA-FLOOEY and they don’t recognize my password.  I spent an hour (and 30 bucks) at BEST BUY and got no where, and spent another hour at home doing everything they walked me through…still no where  :~(.  On top of that…I screwed up my AOL password and can’t get it back….I am TIRED of technology at this point.  When I finally got home, Donna F came by to drop off a Christmas quilt to be quilted.  It is very elegant looking and I can’t wait to get it done….I am hoping to load it up on Sunday.  The rest of the afternoon was spent stitching out another initial card (ok…I LOVE my embroidery technology which always works without a hitch), and working on children’s quilts.  Michael and I got cleaned up and headed into Charlotte at 6:30 for a play at Actor’s Theatre.  The drive was NOT fun….several bumper to bumper miles, but we finally made it unscathed.  The play was about the music of the 80’s, and although the music and story were good, we left at intermission…I guess we’re both getting old because even with ear plugs the music was just WAY too loud.  It was nice to get home before 11:30 for a change….we sat in the living room with a nice cocktail and read our books until bed.

***********************

Saturday (8/8) was a long day.  First, let me say that my friend Pat W is a saint!  She picked me up at 8 AM and we headed off to Virginia and Ginny’s house to pick up her fabric.  Ginny had called me earlier in the week to say that Jodie & Justin (her daughter and son-in-law) would be at her house over the weekend, cleaning it out and putting it on the market…and could I possibly go there and pick up all of her fabric.  Michael and I had the play on Friday night, and a Big Band/Ice Cream Social on Sunday, but I told her I could do it on Saturday.  I think Pat was here when I got the call and I jokingly asked her if she wanted to go along.  Not only did she go, but she drove (her larger than mine car) the entire way.  It took 9 hours round trip and I do NOT know how Pat fit everything into the back of the car:    
view from the front between the seats
view from side door
view from the back

 Like most quilters, Ginny has quite a stash and I am honored that she chose me to receive it.  She said from now on she is going to concentrate on her paper crafting and painting.  I am just going to go through it one box at a time and see what is what.  She also had a large cache of books and I will be looking at those as well.  My sewing definitely has to speed up!!!  Jodie & Justin were working tirelessly when we got there....they had a HUGE job in front of them and were going at it like the troupers they are.  We were home at 5 and I collapsed, but Pat and her honey George and another couple headed out to dinner and a comedy club (I don’t know how she did it!)  Michael and I ordered Chinese for dinner and I was mostly a lump on the couch for the rest of the night…however I did get some knitting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.