Sunday, August 30, 2015

canna lily, rows for new Clinton School quilt, dino embroidery, bread, pizza



As Michael left for golf on Saturday morning (8/29), we decided to take another picture of our flowers out front….these red flowers are incredible (actually, when Pat stopped by she told me they were a variety of canna lilies).  We are always snipping off the dead one, and it seems like another, LARGER and taller one appears in its place.   





















 After that I headed to the studio to sew all day.  By dinnertime I had all of my blocks sewn into rows for another Clinton quilt (I did these blocks “on point”, but I think the ripple-ing is even worse, so for the dinos I’m going back to a straight on embroidery), 


 finished another dino embroidery, 



made an embroidered card for a friend who is celebrating 5 years cancer free (of course it was in the mail before I took a picture :~(, and made and baked sandwich bread. 





I made one full sandwich loaf for us, then made 3 mini-loaves (they’re so cute!) Pat stopped by to pick up some books to read on vacation, and took home a mini-loaf,  Michael ran a second one over to our neighbors Anne & Bryce, and we snacked on the third :~).  I had pizza dough left over from a couple of days ago…so it was pizza for dinner….yum!
my dough...wish I could learn to toss it :-)

a layer of pesto

a thick layer of our luscious roma tomatoes

red onions for me & spinach for Michael

thick slices of mozzarella

yumm-o!
 
 After that we settled in for TV watching and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.