Wednesday, August 26, 2015

new sticky buns, Donna F quilt, embroideries


I hopped up early on Tuesday (8/25) to try out a new sticky bun recipe. 
topping in the pan

biscuit dough rolled out

laved with butter

cinnamon/sugar mix

tada!
 
Instead of a yeast dough, you make a biscuit dough for these….Michael said they were good…but I think I just have to bite the bullet and always do the KILLER PECAN STICKY BUNS.  They are just so much more fabulous than anything else I have tried…..plus, I always easily make a second pan of them to give away...and you know how I like to feed people :~).  Jan picked me up shortly after 9 AM and we headed off on our errands for the day.  We stopped at Joann’s and I got a new quilting book (50% off), then we headed up to Jan’s car dealer for some service work she needed done.  I read the quilting book while I was there, and discovered I needed a special kind of ruler, so we stopped again on our way back down South Blvd and I scored a ruler for 50% off.  Now, the original reason I wanted to go to Joann’s was to get a wrist/pincushion band to use with Miss Scarlett.  They had one, but it cost $10 and fit about 5 pins in it :~(, so I gave up on that idea.  But someone on my long arm facebook page showed a wrist magnet from Harbor Freight.  I was worried that it might be kind of heavy, but since we were going right buy there, we stopped in and SCORE!!!!!  The perfect thing for my pins…only cost $3…and lightweight to boot…I was THRILLED!  We stopped and had Mexican for lunch…yum!  Then Jan dropped me off at Stitch & Chat, and headed on home.  I took my 4 finished Clinton School quilts and I think it is safe to say that everyone loved them…especially the polar fleece on the back.  I was home at 3:30 and Donna came by to pick up her quilt: 
 
 
She seemed quite pleased with it, so I was glad Miss Scarlett came through again.  I worked a bit on more embroidering
 
and cleaning up my sewing room until it was time for Michael to leave for the movies.  I think I was quilted out for a bit, so I spent the evening relaxing and reading…it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.