Saturday, August 22, 2015

polar fleece quilting, horse embroidery, dinner with Diane & Tom, Paula & Doug



BTW – I should have posted a picture yesterday of the back of one of the quilts…the stitch definition on polar fleece is FABULOUS!!! 

 Michael was a sweetie and ran to the store for me Friday morning (8/21), so I headed to the studio to kick off more embroideries:  

The best news is that I was cleaning off one of my bookcase shelves to make room for finished tops, and I found a piece of polar fleece big enough to quilt the new, small quilt I just finished….SCORE!  So, I loaded it up in the morning and got my pattern all set.  By then Michael was home from the store and I headed upstairs to make the orzo salad for dinner.  


Then it was back to the studio to begin quilting the new quilt (I got 3 rows done) and to continue with my embroideries.  For one VERY BRIEF period of time…Miss Scarlett was quilting, my embroidery machine was stitching, and I was putting the binding on the last embroidery quilt.  I generally can’t handle all 3 at once….using any 2 of the 3 machines however, happens quite frequently.  At 3:30 PM I headed upstairs to get cleaned up and get the rest of the food pulled together for our dinner.  I made a plate of tomatoes, covered with chopped basil and Parmesan and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar dressing, 

and threw the ingredients for popovers into the blender.  Ginny gave me 2 popover pans when she gave me her quilting stash and I was anxious to see how my popovers would change, being cooked in the correct pan instead of muffin tins.  Our new tablecloth had its second debut:




 At 6 PM Paula & Doug 



and Diane & Tom arrived:



We had the orzo and plate of tomatoes, along with boneless, skinless chicken thighs that Michael did on the grill.  The popovers were wonderful…they didn’t taste any different, but BOY!  was it easier to get them out of the proper pan instead of the muffin tins I usually bake them in…I’ll definitely be using these pans in the future:



 
 We played golf after dinner (Diane wanted to see it, since we play slightly differently than she does) and then stopped for dessert…brownies from PAPA JOHNS that were heavenly!  Then we played 2 games of SHIEST.  I think everyone had a really good time (I know we did) and after everyone left at 10 we ran a quick dishwasher load while reading, then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.