Saturday, August 1, 2015

bread class, Anne's birthday


Michael left early on Friday (7/31) for a variety of errands (AAA, ear appointment, breakfast out :~), and I got ready for my last whole wheat bread class: 
 
I had 4 students and all of their breads were rising in the pan by the time they left. 
Barb, Karen, Janet, Ray
 
As a matter of fact, Karen’s bread had risen so much that another student (Janet) offered to take it home to bake right then (since Karen was going back to work!)  After they left, I did a quick clean up and headed out the door to go to lunch with Anne, Susan and Evelyn.  It was Anne’s birthday and we decided to go to Hickory Tavern (recently opened) for lunch. 
Anne, Susan, me, Evelyn
 
We had a fabulous lunch and a good time, although Hickory Tavern was a much louder place than we anticipated.  Anne said she had also had cake at Bible Study that morning…so I think she was having a good day.  I got home at 3:30 and finally finished cutting all of my pieces for 2 more quilts.  I bought a bolt of cream tone on tone in February at the Foust sale.  It was 15 yards and I don’t remember if anyone in the group bought any, but if they did it was only a couple of yards.  Anyway, I’m now down to a yard….I think I’ve really been sewing up a storm since then.  Once I finished cutting, I started to sew on the jelly roll I bought with Mary Jo.  I was tired by 8 PM (I never stopped for dinner….still too full from lunch) and headed upstairs to pick out the rest of my stitching on the quilt backing and watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.