Monday, August 3, 2015

pancakes, Syvia's #2 quilt, deck garden



Sunday morning (8/2), Michael took Cookie for a walk, while I mixed up pancakes for breakfast.  We had yummy frozen blueberries, so I put those in as well.   





























 After that I mixed up bread dough and headed to my studio to sew.  I finished the first strips from my jelly roll, then got Sylvia’s second quilt (which is just a whole cloth quilt) loaded up and basted.  I'm going to use the pipeline design that Pat used on HER quilt:


 I was watering the deck garden in the afternoon and thought you might like to see pictures of it…everything is coming along nicely:   

parsley and basil


























our 3 pots of petunias

scallions grown from bottoms of ones I used a month ago

more basil (impossible to have too much)

sage & oregano

thyme (which I think should be looking a little better  :-(

our cherry tomato plant

  By then it was time to bake the bread (I didn’t do a picture…I figure you’ve seen enough of those…right?)  As the bread was coming out, Pat & George swung by to pick up their dish from Saturday’s pot luck, so we sent them home with 1/2 a loaf.  After that I read my book until dinnertime.  We had leftovers from the party for dinner, then settled in to watch STAR TREK, the prequel, have popcorn and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.