Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Jan with Ginny's books, Jan with Cookie, basil


Michael had an early morning appointment with the chiro on Tuesday (8/11) and Jan and I headed out to breakfast shortly afterwards.  We went to STACKS, which is not a new place, but has moved to a new location…and our breakfasts were very good and very filling.  When we came home, we went through the stacks and stacks of Ginny’s quilting books and picked out our favorites. 

of course, Cookie never leaves Jan alone for a minute when she's here!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to invite a few other close friends over to share in the bounty of Ginny’s books. 
After I was finished looking, I processed the tomatoes and that bounty is now in 3 more pint containers.  I can’t really call anything a success until we eat some of it…and I cooked both batches of tomatoes differently…so stay tuned for a future report.  It was also time to harvest my overgrown basil for the second time: 
 
I got it harvested, but ran out of time to process it…hopefully I will get time tomorrow.  When Jan left, she dropped me off at Stitch and Chat, where I spent a pleasant hour mostly chatting.  Several people wanted to hear about the Clinton School initiative (more on that maybe tomorrow) and I also took my new tablecloth for show and tell.  Michael picked me up at 3 and we headed off to the foot doctor for him, and then onto Red Lobster to meet up with Gale & Phil.  I’ve been trying to get him to Red Lobster for weeks for their crabfest.  He loves Alaskan King Crab legs and I know they are available during this time….so we finally went.  I think all of us LOVED our dinners, even though we hit a lot of rush hour traffic on the way home.  We were only home for a bit when Paul came by for a visit.  Her timing was perfect as Michael had some shows he wanted to watch, and I had some crafty stuff I wanted to do.  Paula and I headed downstairs to knit a lot (Paula), cut a little (me) and solve all the problems of the world…it was a delightful evening.  Paula left around 9 and Michael wanted to watch a bit more TV, so I read my book for the rest of the evening.  I’m on a new series of murder mysteries by Donna Leon and they are excellent.  All sent in Venice with a detective named Brunetti…I am liking them a LOT!

1 comment:

  1. guess the BOLTs didn't make it downstairs ! Wish I was there for the quilt book extravaganza !!!! MJnCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.