Thursday, August 6, 2015

jelly roll beginning


Wednesday (8/5) seemed like a perfectly normal day….Michael and Cookie went for a walk first thing in the morning, while I headed to the studio for a day of sewing.  Michael’s eye is still blurry, but friends told us that that is the norm…it should get better little by little each day.  Other than not golfing, or doing strenuous exercise, Michael seems none the worse for wear after his cataract surgery.  We have a meeting next week with the doctor….it will be a final follow-up, as well as a pre-op meeting for the other eye.  I continued working on my jelly roll (mostly to get the cut strips off of my table so that I can trim Sylvia’s quilt!) and can show you the progression:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
After that I attacked the binding on Sylvia’s quilt.  I’m about 1/2 way done…which is good because I have to deliver it Friday morning.  We had mater sammichs for dinner, and I talked with Janice for an hour after dinner before heading upstairs to wind more yarn for my current shawl project and watch TV with my honey.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh. I love the muted rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.