Tuesday, August 4, 2015

cooking tomatoes, Sylvia's quilting pattern1/2, pizza



Michael took our car in for service Monday morning (8/4), and his golf buddies picked him up there and off they went.  I spent 1-1/2 hours Monday morning FINALLY getting to something that I’ve been putting off for over a week:   



 This year instead of roasting my tomatoes for sauce, we’re going to try cooking them in the crockpot.  Certainly puts WAY less heat into our already warm home, and like all crockpot cooking, doesn’t require constant monitoring.  I borrowed a crockpot from Paula as well, but was totally shocked to find out just how many of my tomatoes would fit in my own.  Everything I’ve been saving fit in my 6 quart pot, and I returned Paula’s.  Jan picked me up around 10:30 and we headed out to breakfast, and then on to Joann’s.  She got new rotary blades and some material, and I bought a small spool of ribbon.  We were home by 1:30 and she took off to do more errands and I headed to the studio to start stitching out the new quilt.  Stitching on this quilt was nerve racking…Sylvia wanted 2 layers of batting in the quilt, and having never done that before, I was nervous.  But, I had time to think about and I felt I had a couple of tricks up my sleeve….which all worked and I was very pleased with the outcome….it looks poofy…more like a comforter, and I love the quilting pattern (thanks Pat!):  


 We had a late dinner of pizza (with dough that was almost a week old) and it was delicious:
 
1/2 tomatoes & onion, other 1/2 tomatoes/spinach/mushrooms









 




So, why did I put a picture of the pizza…when we’ve had so many recently…when I didn’t put a picture of the bread the other day?  Simple….there’s NO SUCH THING as too much pizza…or too many pictures of it :~).  Anyway, in the evening we just watched TV and went to bed early…the better to be up early for Michael’s cataract surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.