Friday, May 17, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


Michael left before 8 AM for golf on Thursday (5/16) and I got a Spanish Coffee Cake (thx BG!) baked to take to quilting:  


Paula picked us up after 9 AM and we headed out.  I got the rest of my black/white 4 patches completed (for another 4 patch frenzy QoV here at home): 

my featherweight gives an excellent quarter inch seam, so I wanted to sew them at SHQ

and got to start something new….my disappearing hourglass.  

We had lots of good show and tell:  

Paula's pole wrapped table runner

we're hoping this will be a class next year

June's pole table runner

and her leftovers

This was from a class Robin took in January



hand appliqued wool

And after lunch, and a quick stop at the library, we were home by 2:30 to a disaster!!!  

As I hopped out of Paula’s car, I noticed the dahlias in the big blue pot out front were under 6 inches of water!!!  Somehow our front watering system (which is on a timer) had been running for who-know-how-long!!!  Janice unpacked all of our stuff out of Paula’s car while I ran to shut off the water and to start bailing it out!  We’ll have to see over the coming week if they survive.  

We spent a bit of time relaxing on the lanair until my honey came home…totally pleased with his 82  :~).  I’d say he’s definitely back in the swing of things.  

Janice and I headed out after that for Hobby Lobby (sewing machine oil and glue), the grocery store (hoagie rolls & provolone) and the liquor store for some wine.  We made meatball subs for dinner and they were yummy, before heading down to the studio to continue getting a few sewing chores done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.