Friday, May 3, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


I was up at 6:30 AM on Thursday morning (5/2).   Even though we had a late night Wednesday night, I just couldn’t sleep, so I hopped up.  I got my blog out and cut a bit more fabric for my newest quilt before heading to the kitchen to put together my food for quilting.  

We decided on a Mexican theme in honor of Cinco de Mayo for this month, so I made Mexican Lasagna:  

first layer

all done!

Instead of making my usual 9’’ by 13’’ pan for quilting (where we always have tons of food), I made 2 smaller pans and sent one over to my neighbors Ginny & Ken.  

We had a light crowd at quilting and only a bit of Show & Tell, but it was all good:

a gorgeous scrap quilt from Sandy D

just look at that border

a 'travel' quilt that Susie made to commemorate a families move to the open territories of the west

a recently finished and framed x-stitch from Sue S


Marge was looking for advice on hanging this for a friend

And the food was TERRIFIC:



I got home around 2 PM, talked with my honey for about an hour before taking a nap!!  When I finally got up, I read my book for a bit, then headed to the studio around dinnertime to get my second QoV basted:  



I finished up before 7 PM (still not hungry after our FABULOUS lunch!) and headed upstairs for knitting and TV watching.

*** Michael’s Movie Review ***
LITTLE : Little is a movie that tries too hard to be BIG.  Burdened by too many sub plots and a weak main plot this movie just jumps around in fits and starts all over the place. A mean boss of a software company somehow gets put in a 13 year olds body (her adult body just disappears?). She then has to convince everyone she is who she is - meanwhile she has to go back to school (cuz she's 13) and she has to keep her company running - but her employees are glad she's gone - but at school she has to save a bunch of nerds from being bullied - and she has to convince her boyfriend to stay . All this happens and it is NOT funny- the movie just tries too hard to hit all these points and misses by a wide margin. Does she learn her lesson? who cares?

I give it 1 fat quarter out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.