Tuesday, May 21, 2019

MESIG Show & Tell, Mississippi Mud Bars, Martini Night


Michael left for golf before 9 AM on Monday (5/20) while Janice and I spent a productive morning in the studio.  We got a label done for her quilt (for her sister-in-law's retirement): 


and I got Sandy’s quilt off of the frame and all cleaned up and trimmed.  

After that I got another QoV quilt trimmed and added to the to-be-bound pile:  



By then it was after 11 AM and Janice took off for furniture shopping just as I was settling down to brunch.  I took in a customer quilt before Paula stopped down from the Mother’s Day Sweet & Savory tea and brought me a beautiful carnation, and picked up her quilt.  

I headed to the Machine Embroidery meeting around 1 PM, and as usual we had beautiful show and tell (from the 10 people at the meeting!):  


















I was going to run errands on the way home, but it started raining so I headed right home as I was in the golf cart.  

I threw together some Mississippi Mud Bars for Michael to take to his Pinehurst meeting in the evening: 




and Anne showed up for a visit while my oven was heating up.  Once the bars were done, the rain had stopped and Anne headed home while I headed out to the bank and library.  Home once again by 4 PM, I started to load up the new customer quilt, and got the backing all pinned on.  

Janice and I left at 6:30 to head out to Martini Night:  

Donnis - our hostess with the mostess and the biggest martini shaker we had ever seen!

Andi & Bonnie

Alice & Barb

Janice & Pat

Joyce & Ellie

The food was wonderful, martinis were great and the game was a hoot!!!  








It was an early night (we were home before 10 PM) to relax and read until bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.