Thursday, May 16, 2019

Paula's quilt, Anne, Janice


Michael went for a walk with Cookie Wednesday morning (5/15) while I did my normal computer chores.  

After that I started to load and baste Paula’s quilt:  



She picked the ‘bubbles’ pattern and I am thrilled because I really loved it on the pool table cover.  I stopped just after 11 AM to make myself brunch:  

a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich!

just as Michael was leaving for errands (CVS, library, Harris Teeter & UPS).  I relaxed and read my book on the lanair before heading back down to my sewing machine-less studio.  The good news is that Reg has not only tweaked my current pedal to give me a bit more service….he has also ordered me a new pedal….YAY!!!  

I got Paula’s quilt all basted:


and was setting up the program when Anne arrived to drop off an extra cat carrier for our vet visit on Friday.   

After playing with Cookie: 




she finally got to see my machine in action:  




I continued to work on the quilt, and by 8 PM, it was done:  



I still have a lot of ends to bury, but I was very pleased with my progress.

I headed upstairs and it was still light enough to see Lucy & Ethel relaxing on the lanair:  




Paula stopped by for a short visit, and so was there to greet Janice:  





after a 14 hour day of driving.  We sat up and talked until 11 PM before finally collapsing in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.