Sunday, May 12, 2019

blue quilting finished, new tool for longarm


Michael was up at 6:30 Saturday (5/11) for another day of golf here at SCCL.  

I got up shortly afterwards and got laundry in before heading downstairs.  After I got my blog out, I wound my bobbins and set up the program for the blue quilt, using a design I just bought.  It’s a double diagonal design and I thought it would look cool in the blue variegated thread:  




I think I am in love with it!  Doesn’t it look totally cool?  

I worked on the quilting on and off over the afternoon, and while that was going on I got one of my QoV’s trimmed, and also made a critical tool for me.  When I am longarming, I am always looking for a small pair of scissors and a seam ripper.  I didn’t think I could have the same set up as I did on my old machine….but guess what…it works here too:  



This has been SORELY missed over the last 3 weeks and 6 quilts…..I am glad I finally got it done today.  

Michael came home in the late afternoon (they stopped for lunch) with an 85, so he was happy.  And Anne stopped by for a nice long chat, 

just look at that contented kitty



and to see my machine!  

By dinnertime, the quilting was done:  



I finally had dinner at 7 and snuggled with my honey after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.