Wednesday, May 15, 2019

2 charity quilts finished, kitties, Kristen!


Michael was up early on Tuesday (5/14) to hit the chiro and get gas and more strawberries, while I got my blog out and started to set up the design for the charity quilts.  By the time I left for my 3 PM meeting…both quilts were done:  


That’s the good news…the bad news is that another one of my sewing machines decided to start acting up  :~(.  My ‘new’ workhorse machine (which used to be my old portable machine, my Janome Platinum) has decided to start phantom sewing.  When I take my foot off of the pedal, it just keeps going!  As of this moment, my machine and pedal are with repair-person-extraordinaire….Reg!!  I’m hoping Loree can bring it back to Scrap Happy quilting with a solution…but I am very afraid of what I will hear.  They no longer make this machine….so that might mean there are also no parts to be had for it….we’ll see.  

In the afternoon I also opened the door into the guest bedroom downstairs and something predictable happened:  




The kitties absolutely LOVE to run in there, lie on the fleece blankets, and stare out the window for hours at a time….weird!  

Anyway, I left for my Chartered Club Manual meeting before 3 PM and got home again around 5 PM.  Michael just had a salad for dinner as he went out to lunch with his golfing buddies, so I made a quick quesadilla for me.  

Larry picked him up around 7 PM for the movies (he’s just a social butterfly right?  Lunch out with the guys and then off to the movies with another friend), while I mixed up Strawcello Martinis and waited for Kristen to arrive.  She was there by 8:30: 



and we talked and talked.  She got to see my new machine, and also picked up a quilt from Pat that will be donated to a Hurricane Relief organization once Kristen finishes quilting it.  

Michael got home around 9:30 (it was a short movie) and we sat and read for a long time before bed.

PS!!!!!! - got the following picture from Janice:


She said 'it's a good thing I left my sewing machine and fabric at your house when I was done as there is not a spare inch to be had in my car'.  She's on her way and will be here tonight...Wednesday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.