Monday, May 13, 2019

pancake fry up, blue quilt totally finished!, butternut squash ravioli for dinner


It was really hard to concentrate on getting my blog out Sunday morning (5/12) while I could smell the bacon frying upstairs!!!  My honey and I decided to have a big fry up (something we haven’t done in awhile) so he started on the potatoes and bacon while I got my blog out and made binding for the blue quilt.  I headed upstairs after that to get my pancakes going….maybe it was the brand new can of baking powder, but they rose up SO HIGH!!  

my honey's yummy potatoes

master chef at work

pecan pancakes


YUMM-O

And breakfast tasted extra special….maybe because it’s been so long since we had pancakes.  Whatever the reason….breakfast was AWESOME!!  

Anyway, after that I headed back to my studio and spent the day working on a label: 




and binding for the blue quilt and by dinnertime, it was done:  



Michael and I delivered it and the recipient seemed very surprised and pleased to receive it.  

After that it was time to make our dinner….another old favorite we haven’t had in a long while:  

sauteeing onions in sage butter

adding in zucchini

then quartered mushrooms

and just a splash of white wine

and finally, butternut squash ravioli

a little feta cheese and OMword....it was good!


By the time we were finished, it was 7:30 PM and we settled in to tv watching and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.