Monday, May 20, 2019

quiche, 7 layer bars, QoV totally finished, AJ


My honey ran to the store first thing Sunday morning (5/19) to pick up broccoli and asparagus, while Janice was at church.  I made 2 quiches for breakfast, 

cleaning out the cheese drawer along with some leftover ham


yummy sauteed onions


broccoli in one quiche

asparagus in the other

YUMM-O

which we all enjoyed, and since the oven was on and Michael's cookie jar empty, I also made a pan of '7 Layer Bars'.  



Although this recipe is decades old, I've never made it before (too much coconut!!), so it was a new recipe for me!  

After everything was done and cleaned up, Janice and I headed to the studio.  I found a good pattern for Sandy’s quilt and emailed a picture for her approval, and kicked off the stitching once we started.  While that was stitching out, I started to apply the binding to my QoV quilt.  For a change (they haven't been using the downstairs cat tree much at all lately), we had a sleepy kitty all afternoon while we were working:



I guess because of the quiche for a late breakfast, no one really wanted dinner….so Michael had a bowl of cereal, I had cheese and crackers and Janice had a little snack!  

By 9 PM when I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey, Sandy’s quilting was all done:  


with a pretty holly leaf pattern:



and the QoV was completely finished:


*************************
And, a virtuoso in the making:



1 comment:

  1. quiche looks great ! Love 7 layer bars... I'm not a big fan of the graham cracker crust, so now I make them with crushed vanilla wafers ! Sounds like you're having a blast with Janice !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.