Tuesday, May 7, 2019

new quilt layout


Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk on Monday morning (5/6), while I headed to my studio.  I kicked off quilting the last QoV with a new pattern: 



I know it’s hard to see, but it is just a solid field of stars….it’s a new pattern for me and I really like it!  While that was going, I settled back into making squares for the newest quilt, and Michael eventually came down and started to lay them out:  






By then it was 12:30 and I had never even had breakfast!!  So, my honey made me an egg/cheese/toast:


so that I could continue to work until we left the house at 1:45 PM for an eye appointment.  

Well…we went out to our car at 1:45 and tried to start it…..no dice…dead as a doornail!!!  You know, at that point your brain really can't comprehend that nothing is happening when you turn the key!  Luckily Pat hopped to the rescue and was there within minutes to take us to the doctor.  Michael’s eyelid stitches got removed, and he got the approval to play golf on Thursday (thank goodness  :~), but we didn’t get home again until 4:30.  It is really special to have a good friend who will give up their entire afternoon to ferry us around  :~)....THANKS PAT!!! 

Triple A came and jumped our car…hopefully it is all good (we think one of the doors didn't close quite tight and so the interior light was on for 1-1/2 days), but we’re going to try it extra early tomorrow when we have 2 MORE doctor’s appointments!  

We both read our books until a late dinner (a new recipe called Chicken Roll-ups…it was yummy), then I headed back downstairs.  

Michael had done this layout: 


and while I appreciated him trying to make a border out of the swirly blue, I really didn't like it, I thought the interior of the quilt looked dead!  You'll probably have to blow up the picture to really see it.  So, he came back down to rearrange into this: 


which I liked MUCH better.  I started to sew the blocks into rows, but by 8 PM I was beat and headed upstairs.  My goal is to have this quilt totally finished by the end of the week, so that I can get back to my list!


*** MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

AVENGERS: END GAME *** Well this one has it all:  (In 3 hours no less) all the heroes, all the action, even suspense, and some humor! The Avengers are back (a little slow at the start as they explain what occurred last time) but as I had just watched the previous movie on Netflix, this part was slow to me. Finally, the remaining Avengers are ready to attack Thanos again to get those magical stones back (remember he destroyed half the universe and many of the Avengers themselves). How they go about it is fascinating as it involves time travel (always a fun and complicated plot twist). Many battles, super special effects, and much character interaction ensue. Ultimately you know the good guys are going to win but the bad guys give them a run for their money -- twice!!! Not a totally happy ending but a satisfying one none the less. Will they be back? Only time will tell...    4 and 1/2 fat quarters out of 5!!!

And really…..the White House occupant feels compelled to weigh in (making no sense whatsoever) on the Kentucky Derby (where the braintrust also can’t spell Kentucky?)

1 comment:

  1. What a 'HAM'bone ! New star quilting looks great ! New 'food' recipe - YAY ! Pat - do you offer triple A backup in CT ? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.