Friday, May 10, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


You know, Wednesday is usually my stay-at-home-and-sew-all-day day, and since that didn’t happen AT ALL yesterday, I jumped up at 6:30 AM on Thursday (5/9) to try to make a little progress on my sewing projects.  

Michael was already up, thrilled to be making his breakfast in preparation for his first day of golf in THREE WEEKS!!!  

By the time I left for quilting (just after 9 AM), I had the center of my blue quilt all put together: 


and Split Pea Soup in the crockpot.  

Quilting was great and we were back to lots of Show & Tell this week:  

Susie got in on the jelly roll race way back when it first started


look closely at this and the next picture, Mary TATTED the border!!!!

Gorgeous!!!

Joan with a reversible quilt






Just for you....Anne!!



I think I now have all 5 rows done that I've been sewing on, on Thursdays for a new QoV quilt….stay tuned to see that up on the design wall soon.  

Although I had a great time at quilting, by NOON I could NOT keep my eyes open!  I don’t know what the problem was, but I packed up and came home to relax and read my book on the lanair for a bit, and to take an hour long nap!  

By then my honey was home from golf (with an 83…WHOO HOO!!) and we talked for a bit before I made my way down to my studio around 3 PM.  

By dinnertime I had the blue top done:  


I also got the 3 QoV's off of my quilting frame and I loaded up the fleece backing before heading upstairs. Michael had pizza for dinner, while I had split pea soup….YUM!!  Then it was knitting in front of the TV for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.