Wednesday, May 1, 2019

new QoV loaded, pool table cover finished


I hopped up early Tuesday morning (4/30) because I knew it would take me an hour to write the blog (and it did!) and I still had to get my first QoV basted before Michelle arrived.  Michael left at 9:30 to meet at AAA to make the final deposit on our trip to Tahiti!!!  

I was all set when Michelle arrived at 10 AM:  




We talked a mile-a-minute for 2 hours, all the while fixing things, setting up programs and asking and getting answers to all of my questions:  


Once she left I realized I had never eaten, so my honey nuked me some of my egg thingies and served them with strawberries before leaving for the putting green.  I continued quilting in the afternoon, and by dinnertime had made EXCELLENT progress on the quilt:



Michael left before 7 PM for the AVENGERS movie with Larry, and I continued to quilt and cut out fabric for my disappearing hourglass.  One of my babies decided to use the bird seed as a pillow while I was working:



By 8 PM, my quilt was done:  


I was too tired to load up another last night…after all…tomorrow is another day  :~).  Michael didn’t make it home unilt after 11 PM…..YIKES!

So, by bedtime on the second day…here’s where I am:

-binding blue/purple quilt for Michael’s cousin.  His wife was recently   diagnosed with cancer and it doesn’t sound good.  I have a quilt
        that needs to be bound that will be going to her.
-label for Michael’s cousin.  I’m changing out my generic label to one
        applying specifically to her.        DONE!
-hanger to hold scissors/seam ripper on longarm (I gave the one I
        made to Kristen because it fit Miss Scarlett perfectly and I
        didn’t think I could use it.  But I’ve now figured I could make the
        same thing, just with a much longer hanging cord and it would be
        perfect.  I’m already annoyed at how many times I am searching
        for scissors/seam ripper and I’ve only done 2 quilts!!!
-cut fabric for disappearing hour glass (the new quilt I want to start) Halfway there!
-binding on quilt for Barry K.  I had a small quilt that Kristen practiced
        on and I need to get it labeled and bound.
-finish edges of muslin circle quilt.  This is the first item I did on the
        new longarm.  The edges need to be finished so that it can be
        donated to the animal shelter for a bed.
-load up 3 QoV on new longarm   Although I have loaded up all of the
      backing I only baste one quilt at a time, otherwise quilts 2 &
      3 would get too wrinkled.  First quilt has been basted and is
      quilted.
-remove pool table cover from frame and rip out basting     DONE!
-trim & stitch edge of pool table cover       DONE!!  This took 2 hours!!



-borders on last retreat QoV…this is leftover from my last list  :~(
-sympathy note & photos to Peggy      DONE!

I couldn't resist another movie of my machine, stitching away:




1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.