Thursday, May 30, 2019

2 QoV's given out, hydrangeas


I got up Wednesday morning (5/29) to 2 delightful emails.  I had given a QoV to the local American Legion, and it was given out to Henry, a WWII vet:  



AND, the local VFW gave out one of my quilts to Ken D, who is a 20 plus year veteran of the Marine Corps. He is a dedicated member of the VFW Honor Guard who has participated in over 150 Veteran Funeral Services:



Then, while I was running through my emails, I received one from Janice….a picture of their new kitchen:  


She said there were very few issues with the new house, and most of them very minor…..it will be SO EXCITING when they close next Monday!  

I’ve had these 2 pictures all week….Michael picked a beautiful bunch of hydrangeas from our front garden before leaving for Pinehurst:




I made good progress on finishing up 'clean up' on Sandy D’s quilt: 


before heading off at 9:30 to our first committee meeting on the SCCL guest pass policy.  I think it went very wel., we hopefully corrected some mis-impressions…and the moderator told me I was the ‘voice of reason’ during the meeting, which made me feel really good.  

I stopped at the library (dropping off donation books), the bank, ZAXBY’s for brunch, and Anne’s (to pick up puffy things for an anniversary celebration with my honey tomorrow night) before getting home around 1 PM.  I went back to ripping out basting and weaving in bobbin ends on Sandy’s quilt, and by 2 PM I was done.  I’ll do a good picture once Michael comes home and I have someone to hold it up for me  :~).  

Joanne stopped by for a visit and to show me a quilt top that I will be getting shortly to quilt; and Paula came down to hear all about the Guest Pass Policy meeting.  

I headed back downstairs and got the backing loaded: for one of my own quilt tops completed YEARS aog:  




I’ve been waiting for black 108’’ wide backing and finally bought it at FOUST, so it was time.  

I had a couple of crackers & peanut butter for a late dinner (still not that hungry after brunch sandwich) and watched TV and knit in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.