Wednesday, June 28, 2017

tutorial on chicken sausage one pot dinner

Michael went out to breakfast with a group of golfing buddies on Tuesday morning (6/27), while I made tea and headed to my studio.  When he got home from breakfast out, he brought me some leftover hash browns….and made me a smurfy breakfast of an egg on top of the hash browns :~):


After eating I started working on the binding for the second patriotic quilt, and getting that on and getting a few rows on the baby quilt took up most of the day.  I am doing a beautiful feather pattern on the quilt which takes forever to stitch out….but I don’t care because it is gorgeous:  














I’m using a variegated thread in baby colors and I think it looks really nice.  I spent about an hour in the afternoon talking to Michael and putting a credit freeze on each of our accounts with the 3 credit bureaus.  Do you guys know about this???  Putting a credit freeze on your accounts means that if someone steals your identity, they will not be able to open any credit in your name (like new credit cards….new car loans….credit for appliances….nothing!)  And the best thing about it for my friends living in SC….everything is FREE if you live in SC (for other states it seemed to be in the $10 range).  Still, a very small price to pay in my opinion for some peace of mind.  It really was very easy to do on-line.  By the time I finished, it was almost 3 PM and I picked up Susan and headed off to our “lifestyle” meeting.  THAT was 2 hours long  :~( and I raced home to get dinner done in time for Michael to go to the movies…..with his help we made it in plenty of time.   I started olive oil heating in my ALL CLAD (I LOVE that thing...thanks Ginny!) skillet, then threw in diced onions and sliced mushrooms:














Then I threw in some of that fully cooked, flavored chicken sausage (that Paula’s husband Doug bought for me at SAM”S, which I still haven’t paid them for  :~):


Remember all of those tomatoes Michael picked several days ago?  Well, they went into our dinner:


















Then it was several handfulls of spinach:


While I was doing all of that saute-ing, Michael was cooking the pasta in our FASTA PASTA in the microwave....we were both done about the same time and he drained the pasta and poured it in:


A little stirring...a little serving...a little Parmesan cheese on top and voila:



A very yummy and veggie laden dinner!  Michael left at 6:30 to pick up Larry and head to the movies.  They saw THE BOOK OF HENRY which Michael said was sad and funny and tense and well acted; he really felt the movie had everything!  I spent the evening downstairs, working on the binding for the second patriotic quilt, and when Michael came home at 10 PM, we poured a couple of drinks and sat out on the deck for about an hour….heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful feather quilting design !! For credit freeze, does that mean that YOU can't attempt to get any credit as well ?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.