Thursday, June 29, 2017

diet pizza tutorial, AZ Mary quilt, Loree rolls

Well – the morning TOTALLY got away from me on Wednesday (6/28)!  I stayed up way too late on Tuesday night reading, then woke up at 6 AM on Wednesday.  Usually it is very hard for me to fall back asleep once I am awake, so I decided to grab a quilt (it was 60 degrees out) and head out to the porch to lie down and enjoy the scenery.  I dozed and woke and dozed and woke and thought about everything in the world.  Michael left at 8 AM to walk Cookie and the next time I looked at my watch it was 8:53….YIKES!!!  I jumped up and combed my hair and brushed my teeth and got dressed and made tea almost in time to SKYPE with Janice at 9 AM!!!  (I think it ended up being 9:03.)  We talked for 1-1/2 hours…it was heavenly….but that meant I was trying to write my blog and get it posted around 11 AM.  By then I was starving…so I headed upstairs in search of breakfast/lunch.  I made diet pizzas for lunch (and old, old WW recipe) and decided to do a tutorial.

First up, a piece of my homemade bread in a skillet (in the old WW recipe, you would toast the bread and then slice it down the middle into two very very thin slices of bread)


Then you put on a slice of cheese (I think the WW recipe used non-fat cheese....YUCK!!!!  In my opinion, all non-fat cheeses are a complete waste!) And then a couple of tablespoons of tomato soup directly out of the can, so still condensed (this is the only way I will eat tomato soup...I don't like it otherwise!), along with garlic powder and oregano (the WW recipe did have any seasoning...what a waste):



Then I put onions on the top (again, no onions in the WW recipe...what a shame):


Then you cook it much like you would a grilled cheese....until the bread is toasted, the cheese somwhat melted and the soup is hot:



Now....it tastes nothing at all like a regular pizza...but I love how it tastes and it makes a yummy lunch for me when deli American cheese is on sale :~).

I read my book while I ate, then had a nice phone call with Pat, then Michael came home and we talked for a bit, and I finally (FINALLY!!!) made it back downstairs to sew around 1 PM!!!  First up was finishing the binding and weaving in the ends on the second patriotic…then I set both of them aside to stitch down the labels at quilting on Thursday.  I got out some beautiful batik fabric and started to make pillow covers for the deck pillows.  At 4:30 I headed upstairs to make “strawcello” martinis.  This was one of the flavors Alice made for martini night (strawberry vodka, limoncello & pink lemonade) and it was so light and refreshing that I wanted to make up some.  Michael and I poured some glasses 

with frozen strawberries to keep it chilled

and headed out to the deck.  Unfortunately by then it was way too hot to stay out there, so we came inside to read.  Paula stopped by and agreed she wanted to try one as well.  



We finally had leftovers for dinner and I sewed for just a bit more after dinner before plopping on the couch with my honey to veg for a bit before bed.  I have pictures from 2 blog readers today....

Arizona Mary finished another quilt...it is stunning:



this pattern is absolutely beautiful!
And Loree made a pan of rolls that looks so gorgeous.....as Mary Jo says....I really wish I could reach through the screen and grab one:


She said they were the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.