Friday, June 23, 2017

ravioli dish tutorial

Michael left just after 7 AM on Thursday (6/22) for golfing at Tega Cay…even though it looked VERY overcast and gloomy.  I decided to take advantage of the fact that quilting for Scrap Happy was cancelled for the day…and I had Miss Scarlett fired up by 7:30.  All day to sew with no responsibilities or meetings…..HEAVEN!!!  And this is the second day in a row….as Wednesday was the same  :~).  I thought that if I kept my nose to the grindstone, I could potentially have the quilting done on both of my quilts by the end of the day, so I decided I had better get some labels done.  By 1 PM the first quilt was all quilted (I’m still enamored of the starlets pattern, so that’s what I’m using): 



and I had 2 labels done:  



While the quilting/labeling was going on, I decided I had time in between to cut out a new quilt.  I searched through Ginny’s stash and found BIG yardage on a beautiful red/white/blue print:  



I thought this would look nice in the 4-patch design I just finished, so I got it all cut out:  


After that I decided I’d had enough noise for the time being (with both Miss Scarlett and my embroidery machine going it sometimes gets to me) so I headed out to the deck to read my book for a bit, enjoy the 'silence' of nature and take a nap :~).  Michael came home from golf…unfortunately it rained the entire time they were golfing  :~(.  We talked for a bit, then he headed out and got us ice cream for a late lunch!!  Baskin Robbins flavor of the month is this ice cream with big hunks of TWIX bars in it, and it is yummy.  After that I headed back downstairs while he took a nap!  We had dinner around 6:30…I saw these raviolis at Trader Joes: 


so I sautéed some zucchini from Loree/Reg’s garden along with chopped onions in sage butter (that I froze last year):



while Michael cooked the raviolis…then they got dumped in the skillet with a bit of fresh sage from our garden….


and 3 little cherry tomatoes….yum!  Michael said it was an excellent meal:


I headed to the studio once more to get a few more rows done on the second quilt (I didn’t get it finished…grindstone be d_mned!, but I only have 4 rows left) before heading back to my honey to knit and watch TV.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I really like the patriotic star fabric. Yes, you really want to keep big focus squares of that in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.