Saturday, June 10, 2017

new patriotic blocks, yoghurt

I finally had a wonderful night’s sleep Thursday night, so hopped up Friday morning (6/9) around 6 AM to get lots done  :~).  By the time Pat and I left to go shopping at 10 AM, I had 1/2 of the squares done for another patriotic quilt:  


We went to Hobby Lobby, WALMART, Pier One and dropped off some clothes and things to George in the rehab center (he had a hip replaced on Monday).  When I got home around 2:30 I was beat, so I took a quick nap :~).  After that I hopped up and put together yoghurt (which had been incubating in the crockpot since yesterday) 




and finally put together the program for the latest Quilt of Valor.  I got 5 rows done before heading up to watch TV with my honey at 7:30.  (I never did have dinner….never got hungry!)  I’m using the same “starlet” pattern I used in the last 2 patriotic quilts:  


My honey and I talked and talked, trying to figure out when we could start having our “deck” parties….June seems very full with theatre events….either going to or helping with….maybe we’ll have to aim for mid-week parties.  I know we’re retired, and so weeknights versus weekends shouldn’t make as much of a difference, but somehow it does.  Most social things still happen on the weekends.  :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.