Thursday, June 1, 2017

another patriotic totally done!, May stash report

Michael left at 7 AM on Wednesday (5/31) for golf (I never even heard him when he got up at o’dark hundred to get ready :~), so I took Cookie to the vet for her “wellness” check up.  She is SUCH an anxious car dog, but we both survived the visit without incident.  As usual she has an infection in BOTH ears :~(, so we put in medicine that does a timed release over the next 2 weeks.  The vet said her ear problems are probably caused by allergies….I’m wondering if I get some local honey and start giving it to her every day if that will work….after all…it worked on Michael  :~).  Once I got home I made my morning tea and settled in for a nice long SKYPE with Janice.  After that I worked on making binding

another 16 yards ironed in a flash!

during the day when I wasn’t having a short visit with Pat or talking with my honey who came home grumpy with a score of 90…..and by 8 PM I had another patriotic quilt totally done:  














I spent the rest of the night eating a special dessert my honey surprised me with out on the deck: 


and then watching the boob tube before bed.

Stash Report for May:  I need to give a little explanation of this first.  Mary Jo sent me some info awhile back from a quilting blog she reads.  I kind of glossed over it because it was very hard to read due to the background color on the blog…but it must have stayed in my mind, because a week or so later I asked her to send it again.  Basically the woman who writes the blog keeps track of how much stash she buys versus how much stash she is using.  That really struck a chord with me.  I think I’m using more fabric than I’m buying….but perception is seldom reality about those kinds of things (how much you’re drinking…how much you’re really eating…how much you’re exercising….how much yarn you’re buying….you know what I’m talking about!)  Anyway, I decided that I wanted to know the reality of my particular situation, so I immediately created a spreadsheet to track “how many yards bought” and “how many yards used”.  I’m going to report on a monthly basis in the blog (to hopefully keep myself honest AND motivated), with year to date totals.  I started this on April 23, but I’m including that extra week of April in the May report.  I hope to remember to report on the last day of every month.  So far, I’ve bought 13 yards of fabric (for the Tuscan quilt), and I’ve used 25-3/4 yards for several patriotic quilts and the baby quilt.  So, I'm 12-3/4 to the good in using up my stash.  So far so good...the hard part will be August when I got to Foust again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.