Tuesday, June 27, 2017

basting quilts, Martini Night

My honey left for golfing at Ballentyne before 7 AM on Monday!!!  And after getting all of the dishes loaded from Sunday night and starting the dishwasher, I headed to the grocery store.  I was home before 9 AM and made some tea and headed downstairs.  I got the baby quilt basted, then loaded up another Clinton quilt for basting:  

leaving just about an inch between old and new



I also spent over an hour SKYPing with Mary Jo…that was terrific!!!  By the time I finished talking and basting:


it was 1 PM and I decided to go out to the deck and read...that really was heavenly....I can't believe how much I love our new enclosed porch...that feeling is a continuing source of surprise to me!!!  My honey came home around 2:30 with an 82 and TWO birdies….so he was very happy :~).  We both stayed out there for several hours but finally headed inside and downstairs…Michael to his computer and me to my sewing machine.  I finished the binding on the first patriotic quilt just before it was time to hop in the shower and leave for Martini Club!  Now I just have to get the label sewn down and it will be totally done.  I’ve been trying to make a chicken sausage dinner since Saturday….but again, it was not to be.  There’s always lots of food at Martini Club and Michael had a big lunch and just wanted yoghurt and a banana….so stay tuned…..I’m definitely making it Tuesday night!!!  I left just before 7 PM for Alice's house and had a wonderful time!  Alice had lots of good food:  



crab salad on cucumbers

pesto/tortellini salad















and yummy BBQ meatballs I didn't get a picture of  :~(   and the company was great.  We played a fun game called “say what you see” 

Kathi, Barb, Alice with Pat in the back














Donnis, Ellie, Bonnie













and my team was winning until the last lightening round when the other team caught on FIRE and ripped through a bunch of cards.  I was home shortly after 10 PM and joined my honey on the porch for about an hour until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.