Monday, June 12, 2017

Pat quilting, new patriotic top finished, 4 to VFW

When we got up on Sunday (6/11) Michael headed out for a walk with Cookie and I did a little clean up in the kitchen from the party Saturday night.  When Michael got home it was breakfast on the deck:  


then he harvested a bit more produce: 



while I headed down to the studio with Pat.  A friend of Pat’s husband died and she asked Pat to make a quilt out of her husband’s old shirts.  She only had 3 shirts left after her kids took the rest and I think Pat was very creative with her design.  When the quilt top was finished and Pat asked me to quilt it…instead I asked her if she would be willing to test out my new customer loyalty program…and she said yes:   














So, she put in all of the labor on the quilting and I worked the program on the computer.  It seemed to work out well, so I am almost ready to roll out my new pricing along with this customer loyalty thing (which will be a discount program)…..I’m excited!!!  While she was working on her quilt, I was working on my new patriotic top. When Pat left with her quilt all done:














she took the 4 finished patriotic quilts to deliver to her neighbor who is my contact at the VFW:  


and I had a new top all put together along with borders….YAY…another quilt for a vet  :~), and it only took a week…I’m pretty sure I started this last Monday.  


You know what that means???  Time for a new project.  Now you know I was working on that baby quilt….and I had chosen that pattern as a test for the Tuscan quilt….but decided against it.  I picked another pattern, but again thought I needed to do a test before I cut into my good fabric, so I spent the rest of the day reading the pattern and pulling out my fabric:


My honey made dinner so I didn’t have to stop what I was doing and by 5 PM I thought I understood the pattern and started cutting and sewing….I HATED how it looked  :~(.  Guess I will have to drop back to plan “C” just as soon as I figure out what that is.  I finally headed upstairs around 7 PM to have a piece of leftover chocolate cake (I thought I'd show a picture of it since I didn't get one last night!): 














veg with my honey, knit, watch TV and get ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.