Friday, June 9, 2017

CT Rainbow totally finished, Show & Tell at quilting

Michael was up before 6 AM on Thursday (6/8) for a golf pick up time of 7:30, but he still loaded up my car before he left :~).  I got up so early I had time to make a nice breakfast, finish up my directions for quilting class and get them printed out and get the binding totally finished on my Connecticut rainbow quilt before heading off to quilting.  I taught the PIECED OUT QUILT (thanks Janice :~) and everyone seemed to think it was easy.  While I was there I also got my label stitched down and binding ends woven in so that my Ct Rainbow quilt is TOTALLY finished….YAY!!  This will be donated to BEDS = DREAMS later this year (once I finish the matching pillow cases!!)


Show and Tell was awesome, I am always amazed at how many beautiful things are shown each week:  



June made this out of everyone's leftover triangles!!!


Jerri made this out of a bag of men's ties

a close of some of the ites


and I came home fired up to start quilting on the quilt of valor….unfortunately our electricity went off within moments of my arrival home  :~(.  I read my book for about an hour until Michael got home, then we both sat on the deck and read for a good bit.  Loree & Reg stopped by to drop something off that we forgot to exchange at quilting, and they enjoyed the porch for a bit as well!  I finally headed downstairs at 6:30 to sew for just a bit….my honey wasn’t hungry (they stopped for a large lunch on the way home from golf) but he brought me a smurfy dinner so I didn’t have to give up much of my sewing time:  


As usual, I headed upstairs around 8 PM for TV watching for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.