Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Cooking Fingers, Machine Embroidery

My honey left at 8 AM for golfing on Monday (6/19), while I got laundry in, my blog out and ironed up my seams on the patriotic rows before hopping in the golf cart and heading up to Sweet & Savory just after 10 AM.  OMgoodness…yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!  Lots of great presenters:  

Linda

Mary Ann (also a Thursday quilter)

Marsha

Linda

Jeanne (also a Thursday quilter)

and lots of great food….chicken parmesan sliders, wrapped bratwurst, watermelon/mint/feta skewers:  



and totally creamy lemon squares for dessert:  


I ran home at NOON and got through a bunch of emails and loaded the golf cart with my serger and supplies and headed back to the Lake House for Machine Embroidery.  We had lots of great show and tell:  








and my demo on fabric postcards was going well until my lower looper thread broke and I couldn’t get it re-threaded…..GRRR_R_R_R!  I brought home everyone’s post cards and will hopefully get them all serged tonight!  My honey was home from Lancaster Golf Course with an 88, so after we talked for a bit, I worked on getting my serger going again.  By dinnertime I had all of the postcards serged, stamped and they were lined up drying from FRAY CHECK:  


My honey and I finally had our fabulous dinner of BLT’s and corn (we were supposed to have it Sunday night, but neither one of us were hungry at dinnertime)…and I can’t believe just how delicious the Harris Teeter corn was !!!  I got to sew for just a bit after that and started to put my rows together on the newest patriotic quilt before joining my honey for TV before bed.

The kids got Michael's mobile hung up just in time:


Marc & AJ both seem facinated by it  :~).

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of the terrific mobile and the kids !!! Great job to you both....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.