Thursday, June 22, 2017

dessert, rose, breakfast on deck, new quilting started

I forgot a couple of important things in the blog yesterday!!!  Our dessert from the Greenway Restaurant was a vanilla Bavarian with a blueberry compote:  


It was the perfect light ending to that fabulous meal!!  And when I got home from lunch and visited my studio, my honey had left me a beautiful rose from one of our bushes:




It was breakfast on the deck for my honey (and others!) again on Wednesday (6/21):  




I headed to my studio early and worked on my 4 patch Patriotic in the morning and it was soon finished: 


That makes 2 more patriotic quilts I’ve made in the last 2 – 3 weeks, so I loaded up a double length of backing on Miss Scarlett and proceeded to baste them down:  


leaving just a smidgen of room between the first & second


ready to go!
























I worked all day on the basting and quilting, as well as making some binding for the first quilt.  My honey bought KFC pot pies for dinner while he was out running errands for the day and they were totally yummy!  I quilted for just a bit more after dinner before joining Michael for TV and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.