Wednesday, June 21, 2017

breakfast al fresco, Gale, Sally, June, lunch at the Greenway

I continued to put my patriotic rows together Tuesday morning (6/20) while watching FATHER OF THE BRIDE (the original with Spencer Tracy), which of course got me teary eyed missing my own father….I guess that feeling never goes away :~(.  My honey had a lovely breakfast on the deck…I think he’s beginning to live out there….note that appliances have started to make an appearance out there  :~).  














He waved me off as I left at 10 AM to pick up Gale 



and Sally 


and head into Charlotte for another lunch at the Greenway Restaurant.  We met June in the parking lot 


and headed up to the building.  The chef who has been in charge of the graduating seniors running this restaurant is retiring after 31 years and I think the menu was over the top with all of his best offerings!  


Usually there is just one choice that I really like, but there were several that made it very hard to choose.  All of our meals were truly spectacular...there was a balsamic pesto & whipped butter for our rolls:


















and a choice of Casear Salad or cole slaw:















before we dug in to our entrees:

luscious crab cakes

a mammoth & juicy pork chop

shrimp & grits

and we all rolled out to our cars after eating  :~).  I got home around 2 PM (after voting) and talked to my honey for a bit before he headed out to the deck and I got to sew for just a bit.  I headed up to be with him eventually and we both ended up napping for a bit…it was quite pleasant outside with the fan on  :~).  Larry & Evelyn picked us up at 6:15 and we all headed off to see WONDER WOMAN.  It really was an excellent movie….we all enjoyed it.  We got home after 10 and sat out on our deck listening to the rain and talking for about an hour before heading to bed….it was magical :~).


I have some beautiful Show n Tell from my friend Arizona Mary.  It is a combination of two of Eleanor Burns' blocks - Turkey in the Straw and Sage Bud….I particularly love the 2 borders…I think they set off the quilt perfectly:




2 comments:

  1. Where is the desert?? That was so goood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should plan my visit around a Greenway event !!!
    You're right - Arizona Mary's quilt is beautiful... Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.