Monday, June 19, 2017

new patriotic totally done, Pat's grief quilt

First up Sunday morning (6/18)??  A blueberry pancake breakfast for my favorite Pop Pop  :~): 



I tried a new technique and Michael said the pancakes just melted in his mouth!  Usually I use my whisk to beat in the flour and get my batter nice and smooth, but I read a tip that that created tough pancakes.  So, this time I whisked together the dry ingredients, then vigourously whisked together the wet ingredients, then gently folded the 2 mixtures together...and voila....tender, melt-in-your-mouthpancakes!  After that he left to go golfing here at SCCL and I headed to my studio and dragged out my serger.  I am doing a fabric postcard demo at Machine Embroidery on Monday afternoon and need to set up my serger.  I got the thread color all changed and changed the stitching from regular to rolled edge, then packed up all of my supplies.  That took longer than I wanted, but after that I was finally back to working on patriotic stuff.  I spent the afternoon and early evening making binding and applying it to the patriotic quilt and by 8 PM (when I went upstairs to be with my honey since the US OPEN was over and I was no longer banished from the media room :~), the quilt was totally done: 

Thank you Linda for your donation  :~)

and the label all stitched down:  

all cleaned up!

Now I just need to find the address that is lost somewhere on my desk and get it into the mail!

Pat totally finished her "grief" quilt and gave it to the widow.....who was SO THRILLED with it.....what a beautiful tribute.  


















Regardless of the fact that Pat only had 3 shirts to work with, I think she did an absolutely beautiful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.