Monday, June 26, 2017

the princess, BG & Steven, deck party

The princess was on her perch again Sunday morning (6/25) when Michael and I got up:  















Michael and I spent most of the morning in the garden, getting Gerber Daisies planted 


along with a variety of seeds…

note beautiful new pots!

and further tying up our tomato plants:  















I was mixing up bread dough when I got a call that had me running out of the house to this:

Steven & BG













BG and Steven are driving to Arkansas by way of Georgia (to drop off a granddaughter) and we decided to meet for 1/2 an hour at a local gas station.  She brought me Russian Dark Rye from Connecticut!!!!!!!!  Pictures tomorrow....this bread is absolutely HEAVENLY!!!!!!!!!  When I got home, I baked our bread (which suddenly seemed 'meh'  :~)














and also made a pan of mint brownies.  We ran the extra 1/2 a loaf over to Pat & George (George is home, but still recovering from hip replacement) and finally at 2 PM I got in a little sewing  :~).  Actually, before I decided to continue with my bindings, I made a start on loading up 2 more quilts.  I got another double length of backing loaded up on Miss Scarlett, got my batting cut and got the first quilt laid on: 


before it was time to head upstairs again.  We set everything up on the back deck 



notice tiny tennis balls so table legs don't go in the cracks!

and I made a blueberry cake that came out of the oven as people were arriving (so of course the house smelled FABULOUS...always one of my requirements  :~).  We had another deck party and it was really a lot of fun  :~).  

Dennis & Sue

Ken & Ginny, Phil & Gale


























Harold & Joann

Phil & Patti


Candyce, Jorie & John, Ralph
Everyone seemed to like the food (the blueberries really went!  Ahead of the chocolate) 
















and there was lots and lots of talking going on.  Several people also wanted to view the long arm and a bunch of my quilts, so we did a mini-tour!  By the time everyone left, we were pooped.  Michael put away the chairs and I put away the food, and I told him I wold easily take care of everything else Monday morning.  He headed to bed and I stayed up (but just until 11 PM this time:~) and finished my book.  I’ve been reading the “Turing Hopper” series by Donna Andrews and just finished the 4th one.  They were EXCELLENT books with a totally unique premise and I have really enjoyed them.  The only bad news is that she only wrote 4 and I have now finished all of them  :~(.  I’ve gotten Pat W started reading them too and she likes them as well…I would highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.